Through The Fly's Eyes: A Quick Look Ahead
from Eric Buscemi of Theflyonthewall.com
Highlights For Next Week
January's earnings period continues, with Texas Instruments (TXN), Sun Microsystems (SUNW), eBay Inc (EBAY), AT&T (T) and Halliburton (HAL) all reporting this upcoming week.
Monday January 22
* Pfizer (PFE) to hold a strategic update meeting at 1pm. Deutsche Bank believes the meeting will focus on Exubera and will discuss the drug positively.
* Target (TGT) to hold its January mid-month sales call at 4pm. Investors will be looking at the strength of sales after the holiday season.
* Texas Instruments to report Q4 earnings; conference call at 5:30pm. The focus here will be on the company's product mix, cost controls, market penetration rates, and margins. Additionally, the Street will also be looking at Texas Instruments' comments on product development and the future role it sees for semiconductors, particularly in wireless devices.
* FDA PDUFA date for Wyeth's (WYE) Desvenlafaxine.
Tuesday January 23
* Sun Microsystems to report Q2 earnings; conference call at 4:30pm.
* FDA PDUFA Date for GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) Coreg
Wednesday January 24
* eBay to report Q4 earnings. Investors will loks for comments on sales during the 2006 holiday season, the recent acquisition of Stubhub.com and the performance of Paypal.com against fledgling challenger Google Checkout.
* Atlantic City Council Meeting to hold vote on smoking ban at 5pm. If passed, this would be a negative for the casino sector, as it would ban smoking on the floors of Atlantic City casinos.
Thursday January 25
* AT&T to report Q4 earnings; conference call at 10am.
* Icos Corp (ICOS) to hold a special shareholder meeting at 2pm to vote on the revised merger agreement with Eli Lilly (LLY). Note that HealthCor Management, which holds a 5.24% stake in Icos, plans to vote against the proposed acquisition.
Friday January 26
* Halliburton to report Q4 earnings; conference call at 10am. Investors will be looking for comments on oil services, as well as new contracts relating to government services.