Through The Fly's Eyes: Ford Motor
- Ford Motor Credit has pretax full year earnings of $1.9 billion
- Ford's automobile business made money in Europe and Latin America
- North America and Asia are both losing money
- North America lost $6.1 billion in 2006
- Ford will have a cash outflow of $17 billion during the next three years to fix this sinking ship. It has $34 billion of cash on its balance sheet for newly hired Alan Mulally to fix this business.
It appears Mulally is attacking the cost structure first. And then will have to spend time revamping a dying product line. This is a stock you want to begin learning about again. If this ship can be put on the correct course, the upside is considerable. However, a lot of work needs to be done.